Greeley Oktobrewfest 2020
There’s a German word for calamity or misfortune: “der Schicksalsschlag“. And If you can say that, you’ve pretty much summed up 2020 in German. Due to “der Schicksalsschlag“, plans for Greeley's Oktobrewfest 2020 have been greatly scaled back from the usual large event in Downtown Greeley’s historic Lincoln Park, but we are still going forward with a smaller recognition of this annual tradition.
Instead of going forward with the annual large fundraiser for the DDA held in Lincoln Park, we’re bringing the celebration to our bars and restaurants in hopes that they reap some benefits since they have been through so much in 2020. We hope we can bring a few more folks down to the open-air seating on the plazas by having some German food available, tap-takeovers at the bars, some minimal outdoor entertainment, and a few games and contests. We’re also spreading it out over the last three days of the open container outdoor seating on the plazas -- September 9th through 11th from 5-10 pm each day.
- The Twirling Zucchinis - Wed. Sept. 9th at 6:30 - Moxi Theater
- Jim Ehrlich and the Polka Mates - Thurs. Sept. 10th at 6:30 - 9th Street Plaza
- Randy Eckhart & The Dutch Hop Music Makers - Fri. Sept. 11th at 6:30 - 9th Street Plaza
Food and Beverages:
- Fusco's Table will be popping up inside the Everyone's Table Food Truck with Schnitzel Sandwiches with German Potato Salad, Brats, Strudel and the Infamous October Bowl on the 9th Street Plaza
- Schwartz's Krautburger Kitchen will be set up by Brix Brew & Tap on the 8th Street Plaza
- Luna's Tacos & Tequila will feature a Bavarian Roasted Pork Belly Taco (marinated pork belly, roasted and braised in Brix's Das Boot Beer, on top of pickled red cabbage and a corn tortilla, topped with a roasted apple salsa and sour cream)
- Jerri J's Cakes will feature Pretzels
- Brix Brew & Tap will feature the return of Das Boot Märzen, their glorious seasonal Märzen-style lager and their "Pretzel Flight" with three different options of Jalapeno Cheddar, Everything and Traditional served with whole grain mustard, chili con queso and whipped chive cream cheese dips
- And more
The risks to public health, limits on outdoor crowd sizes, along with the hefty expenses of doing the large event in the park make it unfeasible. We have been thinking of how to honor the tradition in a way that will still make attendees feel safe. The open-air seating downtown is the perfect place to celebrate.
We could not make this happen without the support of our wonderful sponsors. Thank you to each and every one of them:
- Academy of Natural Therapy
- Accessories With A Flair!...and Hair
- All Purpose Rental & Sales
- Eight-O-Eight Workspace
- First National Bank
- Goodfellas Bail Bonds, LLC
- High Country Beverage
- iHeart Media
- Independent Financial
- Lincoln Park Emporium
- Mariposa Plants, Flowers & Gifts
- Planet Fitness
- Points West Bank
- Renewal By Andersen
- Right Coast Pizza
- The Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
- Tower 56 Distilling
- Union Colony Civic Center
- Weldwerks Brewing Co.
For questions contact the DDA at (970) 356-6775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.